ITH is a Varanasi-based lifestyle brand offering fresh and socially engaging accommodation and hospitality venues. Our vision is to become India’s leading experience and design-led hostel brand. We aim to achieve this by offering a host of soulful social spaces, cultural events and a creative programme that inspires guests and locals alike, all the while providing affordable and safe accommodation in popular Indian cities.
BEING YOURSELF is the key to bringing the ITH story and brand to life. We need a passionate and confident people person to join our team. If you are motivated, organised, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here. Help us to create an unforgettable experience. Be a part of one of India’s first, ground breaking, hostel brand. Join ITH, be yourself.
- Be the life of the party
- Always love our guests
- Be really really organised!
- Keep cool when the pressure hits
- Enjoy a super-fast pace
- Understand this is a business, be passionate about maximising revenue
- Be creative, innovative and digitally smart
- Be yourself
- Report to the Hostel Manager
- Be a team player that gets ITH and wants to be himself/herself
- Take ownership of the guest journey to ensure that you continuously raise the bar and create a truly unique ITH experience
- Know your guests and have a passion for independent travel and the road less travelled
- Monitor our social spaces, lighting, sound and temperature, to make sure they embody the ITH brand and culture AT ALL TIMES
- Know our food & drinks menu and help with food orders & service
- Know your city, its cafés, bars and restaurants, its art, its music
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- OWN GUEST COMPLAINTS AND RESOLVE THEM YOURSELF
- Ensure you comply with all company policies you have been trained on, which include Fire Training and Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Be Responsible for all cash handling whilst you are on duty
- Correctly administer the Close of Shift procedures every shift with 100% accuracy and consistency
- Experienced within a front office hospitality environment or customer services in a different environment
- Passionate for the hospitality and the youth travel market
- Fluent in English with knowledge of an additional language being desirable
- Experienced working with or willing to learn our PMS/CM (eZee)
This is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
Not from Varanasi?
No problem! We offer homely accommodation for out-of-station candidates who wish to live and work in Varanasi. We offer you the following FREE benefits:
*Free accommodation available to full-time employees only. As a resident employee your arrangements pertaining to the job responsibilities will change. Contact us for details.